It’s the most wonderful time of the year…The holidays (and my 21st birthday) are right around the corner! My “Home for the Holidays” Yankee Candle has been burning, magically filling my room with the delightful aroma of Christmas and the ever so festive Pandora R&B/Pop Holiday Radio Station has been blasting from my speakers non-stop. Can you tell I’m in the spirit!? (Working retail during the holiday season doesn’t help my ridiculously joyful state of mind.) I wish I still believed in Santa…Speaking of which, instead of getting organized for finals or working on my last big assignments due this week (like I should be), I’ve been working on my favorite task December calls for: my list for Santa. What has caught my eye recently or am I simply in dire NEED of? Here’s my list for the 2010 holiday season:
1. Sneakers and work-out gear: I’m a fitness fanatic so I go through running sneaks like water…not to mention my typical gym ensemble include baggy old lacrosse mesh shorts dating back to my sophomore year of high school. Bleh! I’m looking for a bit of an update, especially since I just started boycotting the UConn gym and got a Cardio Express membership. I only wear Asics sneakers (I know, I’m such a snob) and am really digging the orange in this Gel-Plus 2 model. The Nike neon green Tempo Track shorts are really fun and colorful, too!
2. Rain boots: Let’s just say I learned the hard way recently that my current J. Crew wellies have seen better days…there is no doubtedly a demand for galoshes living in New England, especially when battling the elements while walking around a college campus. I have admired these Hunter boots from afar for some time now and think it is time for them to have a nice home in my closet. Plus, the liners you can insert into these make them perfect for the winter months. It gives you an excuse to look classy and cute in crappy weather.
3. 2011 Planner: Rarely do I leave the house without my agenda. It is full of sticky notes and personal reminders of where I need to be/what I need to accomplish at all times. As I near the end of my current 2010 planner, sigh, I have started to shop for my next. For those of you who know me, I have huge handwriting which demands a large organizer. This Lilly Pulitzer agenda should do the trick…my obsession with the preppy brand has transcended to their stationary. LOVE!
4. Adjustable Slicer: Maybe it just my amateur knife skills or my not-so-sharp cutlery, but I have difficulty thinly and precisely slicing my fruits and veggies. This wonderful De Buyer Kobra Adjustable Slicer from Williams-Sonoma is efficient, easy…and the best part: dishwasher safe! Yes, please!
5. Breville Single Cup Coffee Maker: I would save lots of money (splurging on Starbucks) if I had one of these fabulous appliances. Not only is it sleek and convenient, it brews the perfect cup of coffee or tea every time! Liking the shiny stainless steel. Want, want, want.
6. Apron: I am a messy cook. Rarely do I walk away from a meal without a splatter or spill of something on me. I would love a cute apron to prance around in to not only look the part but also save my outfit of choice. Here is one from Anthropologie I’ve had my eye on.
7. Hair products: I just used the last of my favorite products (Paul Mitchell’s Extra Body Root Lifter & Rusk Thick Body and Texture Amplifier) and would love to find these two specifically in my stocking! Trust me when I say they work wonders on my flat/boring straight hair.
8. bareMinerals: I am obsessed with Bare Escentuals make-up. I have yet to use a product I haven’t thoroughly adored. I ran out of my Multi-Tasking Face Bisque (concealer/eyeshadow base) and Mineral Veil recently so would love for Santa to replace them!
9. Year subscription to one (or two…) of my favorite magazines: InStyle, Real Simple, Cooking Light, Self, Glamour, Cosmopolitan or …self explanatory.
10. Gloves, Scarves…winter accessories in general: My favorite North Face gloves were stolen last year at the UConn gym so it is crucial that I get a new pair before I get frostbite walking around campus or driving! J. Crew and Madewell have some cute accessories to bundle up in!
I’m really digging these J. Crew Marled Knits in cloud flannel. They’d look fabulous with my black peacoat!
How cute is this Madewell navy Toque and Roll hat with the pom pom? Perfect for sledding in Vermont!
Well there you have it! My 2010 wish list. Most of it is “grown-up?” The holiday season makes everyone feel like a kid, though, regardless of age. Can’t believe in just 9 days I’ll be 21! The countdown is down to single digits. Craziness. Ho, ho, ho!
Sprinkled with Love and Holiday Cheer,